Official web-site of Department of ___
SE "Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy"
"Dnepropetrovsk Medical Academy of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine"
Department of Stomatology
Faculty of Postgraduate Education
Dnepropetrovsk Medical Academy was founded on September 15, 1916.
The first rector of the Academy was an outstanding scientist-histologist, professor V.P. Karpov. The experienced scientific and pedagogical staff was involved in working for the Academy.
In 1925 the first 248 doctors graduated the Academy. The first clinical bases began to be created.
In 2016 The Academy celebrated its 100th anniversary.
The first heads of the Department of Dentistry were outstanding scientists: Igor Sergeevich Mashchenko - Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine; Vasily Terentyevich Lukyanenko, Professor Lilia Pavlovna Barinova.
More than 30 years of the department was headed by the doctor of medical sciences professor Nikolai Mikhailovich Gordiyuk.
In 2016, the department celebrated its 40th anniversary.
Currently, the department head is Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Oleg Anatolyevich Glazunov.
The authority of the department is confirmed by the long-term practice of training specialists in postgraduate education.
The principles of preserving academic traditions, high professionalism of employees are the basis for the modern concept of the development of the department, as well as all the departments of the Academy.
The use of modern technologies in the teaching process contributes to the achievement of modern standards in the training of dentists.
Head of the department
Doctor of medical science, Professor OA Glazunov